Willington. Bedfordshire. August 2010.

I decided to go local for a few hours before the weather was due to set in with more rain. I headed for Willington to see what I could get. The first target turned out to be Willow warblers, they were everywhere. Actively feeding their way around the trees and searching the wire fencing for spiders or insects caught in the webs. Looking very fresh and very yellow on a few individuals. It made a good start to my morning.






Whilst looking along the shoreline I noticed at least 5 Green sandpipers and distantly a larger wader appeared, a Greenshank, which continuously fed from one end of the lake to the other. It ventured closer just the once for a record shot before it departed further away to carry on the feeding run again.



The Green sandpipers were always wary and chased around by the Lapwings on a few occasions so they never ventured close.


And to finish off the trip I captured a few images of a Migrant Hawker dragonfly. It was flying a circuit within an open area amongst trees and so it was just focusing in and capturing a shot before it moved again, sounds easy but believe me it was a challenge.