Oriental Turtle Dove. Chipping Norton. February 2011.

Oriental Turtle Dove
.Chipping Norton.
(All images taken through glass window)
Well as my dad and I set off for Chipping Norton in Oxfordshire, I couldn't help but feel like this was not going to be my day, with dull misty skies and constant rain I thought the OTD would be a case of 'Dove - not form above' instead sat up somewhere keeping dry. But alas I was wrong and with a warm and hospitable greeting from Steve we were watching the OTD on the bird table. The bird fed for a very brief moment then moved into thicker bushes, almost invisible to the eye, where it preened before alighting to another garden. What a great garden watch it turned out to be and with some lovely birds on show myself and Steve's son Rory we sorted our way through a cast of:Brambling,Chaffinch,Bullfinch,Goldfinch,Greenfinch,Siskin,Blackcap,Blackbird,Robin,Great spotted woodpecker,Blue tit,Coal tit and a new garden tick for Rory - a pair of Reed Buntings.
A very different twitch - but a most enjoyable one at '41.